15 July 2008

Category: Live Here Now

There are a few houses I keep in a mental file that I could walk into and immediately call home. Some I have physically been in (I have told architect Alan Goldberg on more than one occasion that his own house in New Canaan feels so right to me, it's hard to leave when the other guests do). Others I see online or in print. There's that elusive combo of comfort and delight that makes me to just want to stay. . .

Here's another one, from Swedish architects Claesson Koivisto Rune: No.5 House. Nothing fancy – it just "talks to me." They also design some prefabs, one of which looks like it will be on my Live Here Now list – the Folded Roof House, found under 'In Progress'. Claesson Koivisto Rune is a multi-talented, multi-disciplined group; there is a lot to see on their site. – GF

No comments: